• Why People Fail God
• Many different reasons all leading to the same ultimate destruction.
• Many people are failures.
• They fail society, loved ones, and friends.
• They fail in business, and they fail in school.
• Most of the time, we realize the truth is that they failed because they
did not seek passing.
• They are lazy and indifferent.
• They only thought about their own selves.
• So how do people fail God?
• THEY FAIL TO COUNT THE COST
• Before conversion, they fail to take the cost into account. Luke 14:25-35.
• They fail to consider, "denying themselves." Matthew 16:24;
• They fail to realize that 99.44% effort won't do.
• Mostly they fail, because they never had any intention of being a follower
• THEY FAIL TO LISTEN TO GOD'S MESSENGERS
• God has been sending His messengers for thousands of years.
• Yet the results are usually the same.
• Jeremiah 7:25-28;
• 2 Timothy 4:1-6.
• THEY FAIL TO DEVELOP VIRTUES OF A CHRISTIAN
• This happens when they really do not repent of their lifestyle
• When they make no changes in their behavior.
• 2 Peter 1:5-11.
• THEY FAIL BECAUSE OF WRONG ASSOCIATION
• This was Solomon's problem.
• 1 Kings 11:1-13.
• It can also be our problem.
• 1 Corinthians 15:33.
• Your companions guide you whether you realize it or not.
• THEY FAIL TO BE LED BY THE WORD OF GOD
• They continue in their ignorance.
• Acts 17:11; 2 Timothy 2:15; Hosea 4:6.
• Psalm 119 has 176 reasons for learning and respecting God’s laws.
• God’s word is truth. John 17:17
• THEY FAIL BECAUSE OF THE DEMANDS OF THIS LIFE
• Consider the parable of the sower and the soils. Luke 8:9-14.
• Life has so many distractions,
• And we are the ones to allow the distractions to keep us out of our duty
• THEY FAIL BECAUSE OF THE DESIRE TO BE RICH AND TO HOLD ON TO THEIR RICHES
• Matthew 19:16-22.
• Paul warns against such. 1 Timothy 6:6-10, 17-19.
• John also warns about worldly desires. 1 John 2:15-17.
• This is also described by the term covetousness which amounts to idolatry.
• THEY FAIL BECAUSE SIN IS SO DECEITFUL
• Hebrews 3:12,13.
• While sin is deceitful, we must remember that when we sin, it is OUR choice.
• The deceitfulness comes from our own lusts.
• James 1:13-14
• THEY FAIL BECAUSE OF FALSE DOCTRINE
• All who teach anything different from what the Bible teaches is teaching
• This can happen when people add to scripture;
• It can also happen when people delete things from scripture.
• It also happens when they change the message.
• 1 Timothy 4:1-4; Acts 20:28-31.
• THEY FAIL BECAUSE THEY ARE SET IN THEIR OWN WAYS
• Proverbs 14:14; 1:30-33.
• Pig headed, stubborn, or whatever you call it.
• One can reject God because He does not fit their own concept of what God
• THEY LOSE THEIR LOVE FOR GOD
• In all likelihood, they never really developed a love for God.
• This just happens to be an excuse.
• John 14:15; Revelation 2:4; Matthew 24:12.
• THEY FAIL BECAUSE OF IN-ACTIVITY AND COMPLACENCY
• This has another word: Apathy
• James 2:14-26
• Everyone who fails in anything has this problem.
• The person who gets nothing out of church when they do not attend services
is this type of person.
• Such an excuse is a cop-out for failing to do what they should have done.
• There are many reasons people fail God.
• Most of these reasons listed come about because the people do not put
forth an effort in trying to please God.
• Truth is, they are worthless individuals, and are probably trying to place
the blame anywhere but upon themselves.
• That will not work on judgment day.
• Are you ready to put your failure in the past, and start serving the Lord?
By Carey Scott
Home / Bible
studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General
Articles / Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence
Courses / What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me