• Those That Win Souls
• Proverbs 11:30 “ … And he who is wise wins souls”
• God loves the lost and has made plans to save them through the gospel.
• Do we really believe Judgment Day is going to come for every person, including
those we know and love?
• If we do believe in the reality of Heaven and Hell we ought to get down
on our knees and ask God to forgive our failures in the realm of evangelism.
• We should pray for God to give us the strength and courage to do what
we ought to do.
• Then we should get up off our knees and share the gospel of Christ with
as many as we can and do it as quickly as we can.
• Those that win souls must make personal preparation.
• We can offer many excuses but Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My
commandments." (John 14:15.)
• No one can be an effective soul winner until they are right with God.
• Our personal preparation reflects in our daily living.
• "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there
is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23.)
• Be careful how you live, for you may be the only Bible some people ever
• Those that win souls must have the proper attitude.
• Many of our spiritual failures can be traced to our attitudes.
• Philip “ran” to the man from Ethiopia with the gospel (Acts
• The proper attitude is one of self-denial.
• "Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to come after
Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." (Matthew
• The proper attitude is also one of dependence on God.
• "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but
Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith
in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20.)
• Do you have the attitude of a soul win¬ner?
• Those that win souls must have a love for the lost.
• God loved lost humanity.
• The Bible says, "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten
Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
• The lost person is somebody's father or mother, son or daughter, brother
• Let us have the same kind of love the father had for his prodigal son.
• Do you have a genuine love of the lost?
• Those that win souls must have joy in their lives.
• Christians must learn to rejoice.
• "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" (Philippians
• The privilege of being used by God as a soul winner should cause much
rejoicing in our lives.
• "Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice
and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all." (Philippians
• Our joy must show as we live day by day with others.
• It is not enough to "out preach" others.
• We must "out live" others.
• Let your joy show!
• Those that win souls must recognize the value of one soul.
• One soul is worth more than the wealth of the world.
• "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and
loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matthew
• "If I firmly believed, as millions say they do, that the knowledge
and practice of Christianity in this life influences destiny in another world,
Christianity would be to me, everything. I would cast aside earthly cares as follies
and earthly thoughts and feelings as vanity. Christianity would be my first waking
thought and my last image before sleep sank me into unconsciousness. I would labor
in its cause alone. I would take thought for the morrow and eternity alone. Earthly
consequences should never stay my hands or seal my lips. I would esteem one soul
gained for heaven worth a lifetime of effort. I would go forth to the world and
preach Christ in season and out of season, and my text would be: 'What shall it
profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul?'“ Unknown
• Those that win souls must believe in the power of the gospel.
• The gospel is God's power to save the believer.
• "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and
to unwise. So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who
are in Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the
power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also
for the Greek." (Romans 1:14-16.)
• God's word is a sharp two edged sword which is able to pierce the heart.
• "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any
two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints
and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
• Preach the gospel and it will do its work.
• Those that win souls must study for themselves.
• In 2 Timothy 2:15 the King James Version says, "Study to shew thyself
approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing
the word of truth."
• The New King James says, "Be diligent to present yourself approved
to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of
• If you are to win souls you must learn where things are found in scripture.
• "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to
give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you,
with meekness and fear." (1 Peter 3:15.)
• You must know what you believe and why you believe it.
• Those that win souls must never give up.
• Patience must be added to our faith and patience is sorely needed if we
are to win souls.
• "But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your
faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control
perseverance, to perseverance god¬liness, to godliness brotherly kindness,
and to brotherly kindness love." (2 Peter 1:5-7.)
• On the day of Pentecost one sermon converted 3,000.
• Today we may feel that it takes 3,000 sermons to convert one.
• It takes patience.
• If you are to win souls you must stick to it with love and patience.
• Those that win souls must be praying people.
• The words "pray without ceasing" certainly apply when it comes
to soul winning. (1 Thessalonians 5:17.)
• “And I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real
knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent,
in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ”. Philippians
• Those who would win souls quickly learn that, "men ought to pray
and not lose heart." (Luke 18:1.)
• There is power in prayer.
• If you want to win souls, you yourself must have a strong desire right
now to go to heaven.
• Allow the joy of Jesus to fill your soul.
• You must travel the way of the cross if you are to become a soul winner
and that is the difficult part.
• Let’s take somebody to heaven with us.
By Carey Scott from an article by Charles Box
Return to the Sermon
Home / Bible
studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General
Articles / Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence
Courses / What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me