• HOW TO LIVE THE ABUNDANT LIFE
• John 10:10 “.,..I came that they might have life, and might have
• THINGS WE NEED TO HELP US LIVE BETTER
• We are busy writing a history of our lives, by the minute, hour, day,
week, month, and year.
• At the end of each year we close another chapter and at the end of life
we will close the book.
• This book will be opened again at the judgment. Revelation 20:11-15.
• We should strive to make each chapter of our lives the very best possible.
• And we can, if we let God guide us.
• We need, therefore, to study this subject concerning things we need to
help us live better lives before God and man.
• We need to be warned of pitfalls and problems that might arise. Ezekiel
3: 16-21; 34:1-10. The watchman is to warn people about their sins.
• A REALIZATION OF THE VALUE OF THE SOUL
• Only he who realizes the value of his soul is prepared to live the life
God wants him to live in the very best way.
• Do you know the value of your soul? Matthew 16:26.
• Do you know why it is so valuable?
• It is from God -- made in His image. Genesis 1:26,27.
• It is the only part of us that is eternal. Mathew 10:28.
• Realizing the value of the soul, one should want to take the very best
care of it that is possible.
• It is unique in that it is the only one that you have or ever will have.
• A CONSCIOUSNESS OF JUDGMENT
• God has appointed a day of judgment.
Hebrews 9:27; Acts 17:31.
• All will be there. There will be no escape for anyone for any reason.
• One will be judged according to his own works or life.
2 Corinthians 5:10; Revelation 20:12,13;
• A consciousness of these facts should help us to live better.
• Are you ready for that day to come?
• AN AWARENESS OF THE UNCERTAINTY OF LIFE
• Life is very short at the most in view of eternity.
Job. 14:1; James 4:13,14.
• We know not when the end will be.
• We need to live every day as though it were our last day, for one day,
it will be.
• A KNOWLEDGE OF ONE OF TWO DESTINIES
• Both are the same length in duration -- eternal.
• One is a place of torment -- no experience of man can compare with it.
• The other is a place of happiness and joy -- everything that God can give
to make man happy will be there -- everything that will make one sad will be absent.
• Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people.
John 14:1-3; Matthew 25: 31-46; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9.
• Hell is prepared for the Devil and his angels. All that serve him are
his angels or messengers.
• SEEKING A GREATER DEGREE OF FAITH
• Peter began to sink into the water because of the lack of faith.
Matthew 14: 28-31.
• Unbelief causes one to depart from God.
• We should call upon the Lord to help us increase our faith.
Romans 10:17; Luke 17:5.
• We need to lay aside every sin and the weight that doth so easily besets
• AWARE OF BEING AN EXAMPLE TO OTHERS
• We are an example -- no one lives or dies unto himself alone.
Matthew 5:13- 16; Romans 14:7;
1 Corinthians 11:1.
• Someone is always following in our footsteps.
• Timothy was told to be an example to the believers.
1 Timothy 4:12.
• A Christian is Christianity on display before the world and therefore
should magnify Christ in his life.
2 Corinthians 3:1-3; Philippians 1:20.
• OFFERING ENCOURAGING WORDS OF DOING RIGHT
• Nothing helps us to improve like encouragement, all of us need it.
• We usually speak of good things about a person after they are dead.
• We should not resort to flattery -- but give honor where honor is due.
• If you want to help someone live better, speak an encouraging word concerning
the things he/she has done right.
• A continuous downgrading of one will finally break his spirit.
• No better or more profitable life can be lived than that of a faithful
• Are you a Christian?
• Do not these things cause you to realize you should be?
• As a Christian, do they not make you want to live more humble and consecrated
• Time to get started.
By Carey Scott from an outline by Jim Sasser
Return to the Sermon
Home / Bible
studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General
Articles / Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence
Courses / What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me