• Keeping Your Sanity In A Crazy World
• Learning To Be At Peace With God And With Others
• No doubt this world has turned crazy beyond anything we ever imagined.
• Things that were right years ago are now wrong.
• Things that were wrong not too long ago are suddenly promoted as right.
• Isaiah 5:20 “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil.
• Keys To Keeping Our Sanity
• For the Christian, this should not be difficult.
• We should be able to grasp what God teaches us to do, and do it.
• Doing what God wants us to do should give us joy and satisfaction in this
• Philippians 4:1-9 will be our text for the lesson.
• We Are IN The LORD
• Philippians 4:1
• As a Christian, this is our greatest blessing.
• To have a relationship with God and Jesus.
• Ephesians 1:3 “All spiritual blessings in Christ”
• We are to stand firm in the LORD.
• Many ways to do this.
• 1 Corinthians 15:58
• Work To Bring Peace
• Philippians 4:2-3
• People who are Christians should get along.
• After all, we share the same goals and desires.
• We share the same blessings.
• Our job is to help people learn to get along with each other.
• If they can do that, they should be able to get along with anybody.
• Rejoice In The LORD
• Philippians 4:4
• Another way of saying “trust in the Lord”.
• The Bible tells us it is better to trust in God than in man (psalm 118:8
[middle verse of the bible.])
• Theme runs throughout the Bible.
• We trust God because we believe He will do as He has promised.
• Pursue Gentleness
• Philippians 4:5
• As much as is possible, be at peace with all men.
• Hebrews 12:14
• 1 Thessalonians 5:13
• Mark 9:50 “Be at peace with one another”
• Similar to “love one another”
• Treat others kindly, and they will see goodness from you and might recognize
the goodness of God or Christ in you.
• Don’t Worry,
• Philippians 4:6
• Not wrong to worry about surgery for you or a loved one. Not wrong to
worry about a family member in harm’s way.
• It becomes wrong when we fail to trust the Lord to help us through.
• Perhaps you are worried about your loved ones who are not on the path
to heaven? Try to do something about it.
• Be Happy
• Philippians 4:7
• Try to replace your worry with confident assurance that comes from God.
• You are saved and headed for heaven. How can that be so bad?
• It actually is beyond human comprehension to explain how God blesses us.
• We just have to trust that it is so.
• Fill Your Mind With Good Things
• Philippians 4:8
• Think on good things, and the mind will not wander towards evil things.
• Keep God’s words in your heart for your protection.
• An idle mind is Satan’s toolbox.
• Be An Example To Others
• Philippians 4:9
• There is an advantage to being a faithful Christian.
• God will be with you.
• God will protect your soul.
• God will welcome you into heaven.
• Yes the world is crazy around us.
• In fact, we may need to be a little crazy from time to time to keep our
• But we consider it is crazy to try to go through life without God and
• These keys will help us cope in this world.
• Are you in a right relationship with God?
• If not, we can help.
By Carey Scott
Home / Bible
studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General
Articles / Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence
Courses / What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me