Introduction: We will all stand before God on Judgment Day. Are we ready?
* Acts 24:25 – Felix told Paul, “Go away. I’ll let you know when I’m ready.” Felix was evil, yet Paul tried to convince
him of the coming Judgment. When preachers today preach judgment, they’re apostolic in their preaching.
1. At the Judgment Bar of God, I will not be alone.
* Sodom and Gomorrah (Mt. 10:15), Tyre and Sidon (Mt. 11:22), men of Nineveh (Mt. 12:41), Queen of the South (I
Kings 10:7), we’ll all be there (II Cor. 5:10), the living & dead will present (II Tim. 4:1); the dead small & great (Rev.
20:12); the whole world (Acts 17:31).
2. At the Judgment Bar of God, I will be alone.
* II Cor. 5:10 – We must all appear – universality of Judgment. Rest of verse speaks of individuality of Judgment.
* Gal. 2:20 – Christ died for me – personal nature of God’s love; personal nature of Calvary.
* Will be very lonely on Judgment Day.
3. At the Judgment Bar of God, I will stand face to face with God.
* The Lord will judge us (Acts 17:31; Romans 2:16).
* Jesus is now our Savior (Jn. 2:42), our advocate (attorney I Jn. 2:1-3). Will eventually become our judge (Jn. 5:30).
* He cannot be deceived. Woman at well (Jn. 4:16-18). Ananias & Sapphira (Acts 5).
4. At the Judgment Bar of God, I will await while the books are opened.
* “Books” mentioned in Rev. 20:12
* 1. Book of life (Rev. 20:15)
* 2. Book of the deeds of my life (II Cor. 5:10)
* 3. Word of God (John 12:48; Jas. 2:12)
* Will I be weighed, but found wanting? (MENE, MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN - Dan. 5:25&26)
* Was I baptized? (Mark 16:16)
* Have I been transformed? (Rom. 2:12)
* Have I been faithful in attendance? (Heb. 10:25)
5. At the Judgment Bar of God, I’ll see my life become an open book.
* We’ll be judged for our deeds (II Cor. 5:10)
* We’ll be judged for what we have not done (Matt. 25). In all 3 cases, condemnation came for what was not done.
* Being “good” and “moral” not enough! What have we done for God?
* We’ll be judged for the words we’ve spoken (Jas. 2:12; Matt. 12:36-37)
* We’ll be judged for the secret things in our lives (Rom. 2:16; Eccl. 12:14). There are no secrets from God!
6. At the Judgment Bar of God, I will participate in the eternal separation.
* Sheep will be separated from the goats (Matt. 25)
* We all deal w/separations. What makes them bearable? A coming reunion! Faithful Christians will see departed
faithful Christians in heaven! When family dies outside of Christ, we will have seen them for the last time upon their
death (Luke 16).
7. At the Judgment Bar of God, I will either hear the commending or the condemning voice of my Lord.
* Those on the right hand of God will hear “Come, ye blessed of my Father” (Matt. 25:34)
* Those on the left will hear “...Depart from me, ye cursed into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels”
* If I hear Him say, “Come,” I’ll praise Him, but if I hear Him say, “Depart!” I’ll plead!
At the Judgment Bar of God, eternity begins and I will not move one inch from where I am once I begin eternity. I’ll be wherever I am forever! The unrighteous into everlasting punishment; the righteous into eternal life (Mt. 25:46) for time without end! Make your life right with God and do it today! There may be no tomorrow (Jas. 4:14).
By R.W. McAlister
Return to the Sermon Outlines page
Home / Bible studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General Articles / Non-Bible Articles / Sermons / Sermon Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence Courses / What is the Church of Christ / Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me /