A. God does not approve of Hate Speech.
1. As I listen to the impeachment hearings, I become more aware of the amount of hate speech spewed from the mouths of our Congressional leaders on the majority side.
2. It reminds me of the fact that “Hate Speech” is mastered by Satan.
3. Satan is such a master; he is taking a little bit of truth and “repackaging” it to include error or misrepresentation.
4. When Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness, he took scripture and either took it out of context or only used part of what God had said to tempt Jesus. (Matt. 4:3-11)
5. So, while God’s word clearly and completely forbids His children from speaking with hate, Satan has taken that teaching and put his own little “twist” to it.
6. Make no mistake; any speech filled with true hate must be condemned.
7. Our speech should always be “with grace.” (Col. 4:6)
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. (Colossians 4:6)
8. We should guard our mouths and watch carefully what we say. (Ps. 141:3)
Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. (Psalms 141:3)
9. James forbade words coming from our tongues he described as “bitter” water. (James 3:11)
Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? (James 3:11)
10. The same mouth that blesses God cannot utter cursing! (James 3:10)
Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. (James 3:10)
11. Satan has taken that teaching and now he is classifying the teaching, and defense of God’s word, as “hate speech.”
B. For example, look at the “Chick-fil-a” surrender to Satan.
1. Due to the pressure from the “Alphabet Group”, LBGTQ etc. the company has stopped donating to two Christian Organizations.
a. The Fellowship of Christian Athletes and
b. The Salvation Army
2. They have been accused by the gay rights activists of having anti-LGBTQ views.
3. Militant hate groups having been bulling the company since 2012, and this week, they have betrayed local customers for dollars and rejected their Christian goals set in the beginning by Truett Cathy.
4. It is an appeasement of those who despise them for their Christian values.
5. Billy Hallowell said that the most insane part of Chick-fil-a’s decision “is that it does little to appease those who long loathed the company”.
6. All of this “hate speech” does everything to alienate those who have backed the company, endlessly against prior attacks.
7. GLAAD, the national gay rights group, said “Chick-fil-a, still lacks policies to ensure safe workplaces for LGBTQ employees and should unequivocally speak out against the anti-LGBTQ reputation that their band represents”.
8. I never thought a chicken sandwich could be so political until Satan introduced “Hate Speech”.
C. When the apostles were confronted with just such a choice, it really was no choice to them.
1. Peter and the apostles told the government leaders, “We ought to obey God rather than men.” (Acts 5:29)
2. Any reference to the Bible and what God says may soon ALL be labeled as hate speech.
3. Are we ready to defend our God and His word?
THE GOSPEL PLAN OF SALVATION
Hear - Romans 10:17,
Believe - John 8:24,
Repent - Acts 17:30,
Confess - Romans 10:10,
Be Baptized - Acts 22:16
Saved - in Christ (Galatians 3:27)
For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. (Galatians 3:27)
By Gary Murphy
Return to the Sermon Outlines page
Home / Bible studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General Articles / Non-Bible Articles / Sermons / Sermon Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence Courses / What is the Church of Christ / Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me /