GREATEST THINGS AT THE JUDGMENT
1. As I look back over my files, I see that I average preaching on the "Judgment" at least every two years.
A. In these studies, I have noticed the subject from different angles.
2. Today, I want to again study with you the subject of the "judgment".
A. And, again, as usual, we will be looking at it from a little different angle than before.
3. First, of all, let's take note of some basic scriptures that will help us in the introduction of this lesson. Matt. 25:31-46; Eccl. 12:13,14; Heb. 9:27; Acts 10:39,40, 42; 2 Thes. 1:7-11.
4. Having read these scriptures, let's move on to look at some of the "Greatest Things At The Judgment."
I. THE GREATEST CROWD WILL BE ASSEMBLED.
A. In our day and time we are all familiar in some way and to some extent with large crowds.
1. Political meetings and rallies.
2, Protest gatherings.
3. Athletic programs.
4. Religious gatherings. Billy Graham's Crusades. Pope, at the Vatican on special occasions.
B. But the judgment day will be a gathering of ALL people, of ALL time that have lived upon this earth. 2 Cor. 5:10; Rom. 14:10.
1. There are more than 6 billion people living upon the earth at this very time. (2001).
II. THE GREATEST JUDGE WILL SIT UPON THE JUDGMENT SEAT.
A. There have been many very fine and honorable men that have sat upon the judgment seats of this world.
1. But, among judges of this earth, many have not been fair and equal in their judgment.
B. Jesus Christ will be our Judge on that day. Acts 17:30,31.
1. He is a righteous judge. 2 Tim. 4:;8; Jno. 5;30.
III. THE GREATEST BOOKS WILL BE OPENED AND USED.
A. More than one book is mentioned. Rev. 20:11-15.
B. One will be a book of enrolment. Heb. 12:22,23.
C. The judgment books are spoken of God. Jno. 12:48-50.
D. The words of these books are not something that we can or should be ashamed of. Mk. 8:38; 2 Tim. 1:8.
E. The books under consideration are not the books of men.
1. The books of men make void the word of God. Mt. 15:6,9. Traditions, Mk. 7:1-13.
F. But the words of these books shall never be destroyed, but will stand forever. Matt. 24:35.
G. The words of these books, including the plan of salvation for us today, are to be obeyed and not neglected. Heb. 2:1-4; 12:25.
H. These books will bring about a great revealing of our lives before the Great Judge. Heb. 4:12,13.
IV. THE GREATEST SEPARATION WILL THEN TAKE PLACE.
A. This is evidenced by the teaching of Matt. 25:31-46. with regard to the separating of the sheep from the goats. vss. 31-33.
B. But, it is something that need not be in our case.
1. We can all be in Christ Jesus, where all spiritual blessings are. Gal. 3:26,27; Rom. 6:3-5; Eph. 1:3.
V. THE GREATEST VERDICT WILL BE PRONOUNCED.
A. Either "Come, ye blessed of my Father" or "Depart, ye workers of iniquity." Mt. 25:34,41.
B. There will be no "APPEAL" to this verdict, not even to help or to warn. As is evidenced by Lk. 16:19-31.
1. Are you prepared for the judgment if the Lord should come today or if you should die?
2. It is during our life time, whether long or short, that preparations must be made for our eternal destiny.
3. We must all stand before the judgment bar of God and give account of how we have lived in this life.
4. Why not determine today that you will be prepared when the judgment comes!
by Jim Sasser
Return to Jim Sasser's Outlines page
Return to the Sermon Outlines page
Home / Bible studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General Articles / Non-Bible Articles / Sermons / Sermon Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence Courses / What is the Church of Christ / Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me /