• What the Devil Doesn’t Want
You To Know
• Satan wants you to remain ignorant of the things of God.
• However, your salvation is dependent upon God’s will.
• What the Devil Doesn’t Want You To Know
• Acts 13:4-12 v5 …the word of God …v7 …the word of God.
… v8 …the faith. … v10 …the straight ways of the Lord
… v12 …the teaching of the Lord.”
• All these phrases refer to the same thing.
• Basically, the GOSPEL!
• Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power
of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the
• What the Devil Doesn’t Want You To Know: About Salvation
• The Message - Acts 13:26 "Brethren, sons of Abraham's family, and
those among you who fear God, to us the message of this salvation has been sent.”
• The Way - Acts 16:17 “Following after Paul and us, she kept crying
out, saying, "These men are bondservants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming
to you the way of salvation.”
• Of God - Acts 28:28 “Therefore let it be known to you that this
salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will also listen.”
• Good News - Ephesians 1:13 “In Him, you also, after listening to
the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation — having also believed,
you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise”
• What the Devil Doesn’t Want You To Know: What To Do To Be Saved!
• If Saved, you leave His Dominion –
• Colossians 1:13-14 “For He rescued us from the domain of darkness,
and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption,
the forgiveness of sins.”
• He wants you in spiritual darkness –
• Ephesians 4:17-18 “So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord,
that you walk no longer just as the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their
mind, 18 being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God
because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart.”
• He wants to keep you from the light –
• Ephesians 5:8-9 “for you were formerly darkness, but now you are
Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light 9 (for the fruit of the Light consists
in all goodness and righteousness and truth),”
• His dominion is a spiritual world of darkness... and the devil wants you
to remain in it –
• Ephesians 6:12 “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness,
against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
• What the Devil Doesn’t Want You To Know: God’s Plan Of Salvation
• The Devil does not want you:
• To Believe that Jesus is the Christ! –
• He will blind you to seeing the glory of Christ.
• 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 “And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled
to those who are perishing, 4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded
the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel
of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”
• The Devil wants to blind you to seeing the glory of Christ.
• Because the Son of God came to destroy His works.
• 1 John 3:8 “Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the
one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one
who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning.
The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.”
• He does not even care if you believe.
• His demons also believe.
• James 2:19 “You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons
also believe, and shudder.”
• He does not care if you believe—
• As Long as you Do NOT OBEY Jesus’ Will.
• Matthew 7:21 “…but he who does the will of My Father who is
in heaven will enter.”
• He does not want you to be aware that you can escape the snares of sin,
• Romans 6:17-18 “But thanks be to God that though you were slaves
of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you
were committed, 18 and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.”
• To Confess that Jesus is the Christ! –
• Confessing Christ Leads to Salvation. –
• Romans 10:8-10 “8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU,
IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART" — that is, the word of faith which
we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe
in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with
the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he
confesses, resulting in salvation.”
• You Must Repent of Your Sins! –
• He does not care if you are sorry about sins.
• 2 Corinthians 7:10 “For the sorrow that is according to the will
of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but the sorrow
of the world produces death”.
• He just doesn’t want you to be sorry because your sins offend God.
2 Corinthians 7:10 –
• He does not want you to know that God is a kind and caring God
• Romans 2:4 “Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness
and forbearance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to
• He does not want you to know that the Gospel is a Gospel of Repentance!
• Luke 5:32 “I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to
• He does not want you to know that God’s will is for all people to
• 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count
slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all
to come to repentance”.
• He does not want you to know that Repentance produces Divine Joy!
• Luke 15:7 “I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy
in heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine righteous persons
who need no repentance”.
• He does not want you to know that Repentance is in the Plan of Salvation!
• Luke 24:47 “and that repentance for forgiveness of sins should be
proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem”.
• He does not want you to know that Repentance leads to Spiritual Life!
• Acts 11:18 “And when they heard this, they quieted down, and glorified
God, saying, ‘well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance
that leads to life’”.
• The Devil does not want you to know that Repentance is a step in leaving
• 2 Timothy 2:25 “with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition,
if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth”.
• The Devil does not want you to leave the stubbornness of your heart!
• Romans 2:5 “But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart
you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the
righteous judgment of God”,
• Satan does not want you to know that Baptism is for the Remission of sins
• The Devil will tell you that “faith alone” saves.
• But, James 2:24 “You see that a man is justified by works, and not
by faith alone”.
• The Devil will say that baptism denies the blood of Christ.
• He says the blood of Christ does save.
• But, Revelation 1:5 “and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness,
the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth, To Him who
loves us, and released us from our sins by His blood”,
• Satan does not want you to know that Jesus’ blood is found in baptism.
• Acts 22:16 “And now why do you delay? Arise, and be baptized, and
wash away your sins, calling on His name”.
• The Devil will teach the “New Birth.”
• John 3:3 “Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to
you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God”.
• But Satan does not want you to know that the new birth is of water and
• John 3:5 “Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one
is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God”.
• The Devil does NOT want you to Know the Great Commission
• (Mark 16:15-16) – “Go into all the world…”
• The Devil does NOT want you to Know the promise of Salvation by Repentance
• Acts 2:38-39 “…repent and be baptized…”
• The Devil will love for people to quote…
• Acts 16:31 “And they said, Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall
be saved, you and your household”.
• But He Does NOT want you to see verse 33! – “…and immediately
he was baptized, he and all his household”.
• The Devil Does NOT want you to know that baptism saves!
• 1 Peter 3:21 “And corresponding to that (eight souls saved through
the Ark), baptism now saves you—not the removal of dirt from the flesh,
but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus
• The Devil does not want you to…
• Believe that Jesus is the Christ.
• Repent of your sins.
• Confess Christ before men.
• Be Baptized into Christ.
• He does not want you to be saved from your sins!
• Now what are you going to do?
By Carey Scott from an outline by Kris Gardana
Return to the Sermon
Home / Bible
studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General
Articles / Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence
Courses / What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me