• Daily Christianity
• The life of a Christian is much more than just a “Sunday affair.”
• Christians who define their faith only in terms of what happens on Sunday
are missing out and do not fully understand all there is to being a Christian.
• A Christian is one who has an on-going relationship with God.
• Everyday. Each day. Daily.
• This is seen in our:
• DAILY PRAYER:
• Matthew 6:11 “Jesus told the disciples to pray, 'Give us this day
our daily bread’.”
• 1 Thessalonians 5:17 “Pray without ceasing.”
• 1 Thessalonians 1:2 “We give thanks to God always for all of you,
making mention of you in our prayers; constantly bearing in mind your work of
faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in
the presence of our God and Father,”
• DAILY SACRIFICES:
• Luke 9:23 "If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself,
and take up his cross daily, and follow Me”
• Romans 12:1 “I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,
to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is
your spiritual service of worship.”
• DAILY TEACHING:
• Acts 5:42 “And every day, in the temple and from house to house,
they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.”
• Acts 2:46-47 “And day by day continuing with one mind in the temple,
and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together
with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God, and having favor with all
the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were
• Luke 19:47 “And He was teaching daily in the temple; but the chief
priests and the scribes and the leading men among the people were trying to destroy
• DAILY BIBLE STUDY:
• Acts 17:11 “Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica,
for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily,
to see whether these things were so.”
• Acts 2:42 “And they were continually devoting themselves to the
apostles teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”
• Acts 17:17 “So he was reasoning in the synagogue with the Jews and
the God-fearing Gentiles, and in the market place every day with those who happened
to be present.”
• DAILY ENCOURAGING:
• Hebrews 3:13 “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is
called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.”
• 2 Corinthians 6:2 “for He says ‘At the acceptable time I listened
to you, and on the day of salvation I helped you’, behold, now is the acceptable
time, behold, now is the day of salvation”.
• Acts 16:5 “So the churches were being strengthened in the faith,
and were increasing in number daily.”
• DAILY MEDITATION:
• Psalm 1:2 “But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His
law he meditates day and night”
• Psalm 19:14 “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my
heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer”.
• Psalm 119:97 “O, how I love Thy law! It is my meditation all the
• Daily Living
• If we can do these daily exercises, it will produce a healthy heart.
• Doing these things each day will keep your
vision clear and focused.
• It will add depth and growth to your soul.
• It will keep you out of trouble by being busy doing good.
• They will keep you close to the Lord.
• Don’t be a Sunday only Christian.
• What are you doing Today?
• How about Tomorrow?
By Carey Scott from an article by an unknown author
Return to the Sermon
Home / Bible
studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General
Articles / Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence
Courses / What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me