God's People Are Caring People
1. Twice in my life, I have been at the bedside of faithful Christians, along with their families, other brethren, and friends, when they drew their last breath in this life.
2. I have been blessed by such occasions:
a. Though sad because of the loss, yet occasion to rejoice (Psa. 116:15; Rev. 14:13).
b. Reminds me of my own mortality - need to make life worthwhile is what is really important.
3. On one occasion - when a brother was in a nursing home - when the day-shift nurse told us that Carl died, she commented how much he loved the local church of which he was a member and it was evident that we so loved him.
4. In short, we cared for each other!
5. We can't forget that our influence grows and our light shines brighter when we manifest the care that is characteristic of God's people!
I. Christians (We) Care Because:
A. We want to be like God (Psa. 23; Mt. 25ff; 1 Pet. 5:7).
B. We want to be like Christ - popular among common folks (Jn. 11:35; Rom. 5:8).
C. We want to be like first-century Christians (Phil. 3:17; Acts 2:42-47; 4:36; 9:36ff; Rom. 16:1-2).
D. It is a mark of maturity in Christians (1 Cor. 13:4-7).
II. Caring People:
A. Are helpful (Acts 4:32-37; in good/bad times):
1. Vision to see the need.
2. Initiative to take action.
3. Commitment to stay with situation.
4. Courage to take first step.
B. Help others to feel needed and useful (1 Cor. 12:23-26).
C. Are benevolent (Jas. 1:27; Mt. 25:31-46).
D. Are friendly (Rom. 16:16; 1 Cor. 16:20).
E. Are concerned about souls (Psa. 142:4; lost, saved, weak, erring, etc.).
1. Those whom we love/admire most are caring people.
2. Let us be sure that, in our motivations and actions, we are caring people.
outline from Joe R. Price
Return to Sermon Outlines
Home / Bible studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General Articles / Non-Bible Articles / Sermons / Sermon Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence Courses / What is the Church of Christ / Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me /