• The Accursed Of God
• CERTAIN DOOM OF THOSE WHO LOVE NOT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
• 1 Corinthians 16:22 “If anyone does not love the Lord, let he be
accursed. Maranatha (our Lord cometh)”.
• Paul wrote many instructions to the Corinthians.
• He rebuked them about , party strife (ch. 1), fornication (ch.5), marriage
(ch.7), Christian liberties (ch. 8), Their dress in worship (ch. 11), their partaking
of the Lord's Supper (ch. 11), the nature and use of spiritual gifts (chs. 12-14),
and the resurrection of the dead (ch. 15).
• Positive Teaching
• It is delightful to tell of the goodness, love, and mercy of God.
• To tell the spiritually sick of the Great Physician. Matthew 9:12.
• To tell the dying of eternal life. John 3:16.
• To tell the lost of a Savior. Luke 19:10; 1 Peter 1:3-9.
• To tell all of a better world to which they may go and in which they may
live if they will to do so. Revelation 21.
• Negative Teaching
• But it is not so pleasant to have to tell all of:
• The terror of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:11.
• The threatening's of His word. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9.
• The wrath to come. Romans 2:3-11.
• 1 Corinthians 16:22
• There is no more fearful passage in God's word, than our text.
• Such a one is placed in the same category with false teachers, Galatians
1:6-9 and idolaters, Deuteronomy 11:26-28.
• Let us now consider the text seriously.
• NOTE THE CHARACTERS DESCRIBED
• Those who "Love not the Lord".
• There is no need to refer to the infidel, the blasphemer, the vicious
sinner, the criminal or persecutor;
• Their doom is understood and accepted by all.
• Christ is not loved:
• If we do not allow Him to come in and dwell within our hearts. Revelation
3:20; Galatians 2:20.
• If we do not obey Him. John 14:23,24; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9.
• If we do not abandon the world for Him. Luke 9:23,24; 1 John 2:15-17.
• DO YOU REALLY LOVE THE LORD?
• If not:
• You will be accursed when He comes.
• You will be separated:
• Cut off from God's presence.
• From heaven, with all its glories.
• From all hope of salvation forever.
• NOT ENOUGH TO LOVE IN WORD ONLY
• Read: 2 Corinthians 5:10,11; Matthew 25:26-30; 7:13,14; Luke 16:26.
• But in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18.
• To truly love the Lord is to keep His commandments. 1 John 5:3; John 14:15.
• Once again, let us read the text: "If any man love not the Lord Jesus
Christ, let him be accursed: our Lord cometh." 1 Corinthians 16: 22.
• Are we truly aware of what it means to be accursed from God?
• Remember what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9. He that knows not God
and obeys not the gospel, will be banished from the presence of God and the glory
of His power. You can't get any more accursed than that! can you?
• Why not prove your love for the Lord today while you still have the opportunity?
• Why not come in humble submission to His will?
By Carey Scott
Home / Bible
studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General
Articles / Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence
Courses / What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me