Thesis: Nothing is hidden from the eyes of God.
1. There are those in the religious world that are probably still holding their breath, over Malaysian Flight 370, just waiting to see if this is the rapture. Rev 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4)
2. We of the Lords church know that when He comes, we shall meet Him in the air because He will never step foot on this earth again.
A. In two days it will be five years since Flight 370:
1. The men, women, and children who were onboard Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 went missing.
2. This has left us with the longest lasting commercial air craft loss in the history of the world.
3. We, as well as their families, were deeply concerned.
B. If you offered prayers for these people
1. Did you give consideration to the fact that we may never know what happened to them?
2. While we may not know, or ever find out what happened to them, we do know that God knows exactly where they are.
C. Has that thought truly struck you?
1. Our omniscient God knows the precise point on this globe where those 239 passengers are.
2. If we let that sink in, it reminds us of a much deeper-reaching point.
3. God knows everything about every one of us, where we go, what we say, and what we do.
D. Scripture teaches this concept many times, over and over, in both testaments.
1. 2 Chronicles 16:9 tells us “the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth.”
2. “He sees all the sons of men…all the inhabitants of the earth” (Ps. 33:13-14).
3. “His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men” (Ps. 11:4).
4. Hebrews 4:13 affirms that “there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.”
5. The mysteries of the ages, that have long confounded our greatest minds, could not be more plainly known to Him.
6. Here it is five years later, and it remains un-recovered.
7. But God knows the answer as readily as He does the greatest mystery with which man has ever been confronted.
1. One day, God will cleave the skies and bring all unsolved mysteries to an end, with every secret, cloak and dagger, and clandestine activity which may have perplexed men for centuries.
2. He will bring these secrets into the judgment (Rom. 2:16).
in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. (Romans 2:16)
3. While there is so much that we may not know, let us rest assured that we stand beneath the gaze of the All-Seeing eyes of God.
1. Are you lost; do you need to come home?
He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (Mark 16:16)
2. If you don’t have a home, let us give you a place to rest your eternal soul.
By Gary Murphy
Return to the Sermon Outlines page
Home / Bible studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General Articles / Non-Bible Articles / Sermons / Sermon Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence Courses / What is the Church of Christ / Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me /