"BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED."
INTRO; 1. There is no greater question that can be asked than the one asked by the Philippian jailor in Acts 16:30.
2. The heading of our lesson is the answer to his question. The answer is given by the inspiration of God through the mouths of Barnabbas and Paul.
3. Since that time many and varied answers have been given by men to that question. But there is only one answer that God will accept.
4. The context, where the question is asked and the answer is given, should be considered. Acts 16:19-34.
I. SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER WITH REGARD TO THE QUESTION AND THE ANSWER.
A. The things of the Son are the things of the Father.
B. The things taught by the apostles wer the things of the Father and the Son revealed by the Holy Spirit to them.
1. Note these scriptures: Rom. 10;1-4; Jas. 5:11; Jno. 6:44,45; 14:6; Isa. 59:1,2; Lk. 19:10; Heb.1:1,2; Rom. 10:5-17.
II. A CONSIDERATION OF WORDS:
A. Faith: a noun. The system of revelation that brings about salvation.
B. Believe: a verb. To accept and obey that system of salvation.
C. Believed: an adjective. Indicating one who has believed, a believer.
III. LET US NOTE THE TEACHINGS THAT ARE FOUND IN: Rom. 4:1-25; Heb. 11.
CONCLUSION: 1. Isn't this a simple plan given to bring about our salvation from past sins?
2. It also furnishes us with information to keep us in a safe condition before God.
3. How do you stand with regard to the asking and the answering of this question?
4. There is not time like the present to ask this question in your heart and to accept and obey the answer given.
By Jim Sasser
Return to Jim Sasser's Outlines page
Return to Sermon Outlines
Home / Bible studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General Articles / Non-Bible Articles / Sermons / Sermon Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence Courses / What is the Church of Christ / Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me /