The word attitude suggests a mental position or a felling or an emotion toward a person, place, fact, theory or thing, etc.
Attitudes are very important because they determine our actions, and our actions determine our character and our character dtermines our destiny.
What is truth? The Word of God, the Gospel!
In His prayer to the Father Jesus said: "Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy Word is truth." (Jno. 17:17); Also see (Psa. 119:142,151).
Truth is very valuable and it is essential that we have the proper attitude toward it! Here Are Some Reasons Why Truth Is So Valueable!:
1. "For the Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (Jno. 1:17).
2. A lost person msut be begotten (spiritually) by the Word which is the Gospel of Christ. (See Jas. 1:18; 1 Cor. 4:15). Without this, there can be no new birth!
3. It will make us free from sin (See Jno. 8:32; Rom. 6:17,18).
4. It will sanctify us and give us an eternal inheritance! (Jno. 17:17; Acts 20:32).
5. It saves! (Jas. 1:21; Rom. 1:16; Acts 11:14).
6. It will judge us in that last day. (See Jno. 12:48; Rom. 2:16)
Here Are Some Things You Should Do!
1. You should desire to know the truth! (See 1 Tim. 2:3,4; Jno. 8:32; 2 Tim. 2:15; 3:7; Eph. 5:17; 3:2-6; Acts 17:11; Matt. 5:6).
2. You should have a love of truth. (Read 2 Thes. 2:6-12).3. You should obey the truth. (See 1 Pet. 1:22,23; Rom. 2:8; 6:17,18; 2 Thes. 1:7-9; Matt. 7:21).
4. You should earnestly contend for the faith (the truth) which was once delivered unto the saints. (See Jude 3).
You should never be ashamed of Christ or His Gospel! (See Mk. 8:38; Rom. 1:16,17).
QUESTION: What is your attitude toward the truth as revealed in the New Testament? Is it proper?
By Carrol R. Sutton in The Instructor, Vol. 48, No. 7, July, 2011.
Return to the General Articles page
Home / Bible studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General Articles / Non-Bible Articles / Sermons / Sermon Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence Courses / What is the Church of Christ / Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me /