"MULTITUDES IN THE VALLEY OF DECISION".
1. In the beginning of this study, let us read some from the Book of Joel.
A. Let's begin by reading Joel 2:12-14, 28-32.
B. Now, let's read Joel 3:14-17.
C. Finally, let's pick just one verse for our emphasis.
1) That verse is 3:14.
2. Yes, there are, there have been, and always will be, multitudes in the valley of decision.
3. And as long as they are there, until decision is made, they are actually in indecision.
I. DECISIONS EXHIBITED; MANIFESTED:
A. Num. 14:20-24.
B. Deut. 6:4-9, 24,25.
C. 2 Chron. 15:12-15.
D. Lk. 9:62.
E. 1 Cor. 15:58.
II. DECISIONS EXEMPLIFIED:
A. Moses -- Exo. 32:26.
B. Caleb -- Num. 13:30.
C. Joshua -- Jos. 24:15.
D. Ruth -- Ruth 1:15-18.
E. Asa -- 2 Chron. 15:8.
F. Peter -- Jno. 6:66-69.
G. Paul -- Acts 21:10-14.
III. DECISIONS TODAY:
A. To be made by each and every one. Gal. 6:5.
1. To become a Christian. Matt. 11:28-30.
2. To live the life of a Christian. Titus 2:11-14.
3. To marry a Christian. 2 Cor. 6:14-18.
4. To stay married and not divorce. Matt. 5:31,32; 19:3-9.
5. To attend every service of the church. Heb. 10:19-31.
6. To dress modestly. 1 Tim. 2:9,10; 1 Pet. 3:1-6.
7. To bring up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Eph. 6:4.
8. To obey your parents in the Lord. Eph. 6:1-3.
9. To love the Lord's church and do everything in your power to make it strong in the community.
a. "I love thy kingdom Lord, the house of Thine abode."
10. To love one another and to build one another up by helping in all spiritual matters.
a. "Love one another, thus saith the Savior."
1. What type of decision are you going to make at this time?
A. Are you going to obey the Lord or refuse?
B. Are you going to repent of wrong done as a child of God, or refuse?
2. You will make some kind of decision at this time.
A. What will that decision be? "What will your answer be?"
by Jim Sasser
Return to the Sermon Outlines page