by Carey Scott
- In the presence of Deity,
the disciples dwelt,
- Something was special, these men felt,
- They did not see Him who was the One.
- They did not see Him, who was the Son.
- As they waited in the appointed place,
- The Spirit came to them with power and grace.
- Their ears were opened, their eyes began to see.
- The Holy One of heaven, who died upon a tree.
years they had tarried with this great man.
- They did not realize
that He was God's plan.
- Now, they see him, the
One who is Lord of all,
- He changed their lives,
and they declared it all.
- Their minds now open,
they speak the great words.
- Boldly proclaiming, Him
who was the Good Shepherd.
- He died for them, this
they finally knew,
- Though all are welcome,
there will only be a few.
- What they did not understand and could not see,
- Was now made known for them to make them free.
- The powerful Gospel, which leads to salvation,
- Has now been proclaimed in every nation.
Return to General Articles
[A note about this poem--I submitted
20 lines of it in a contest at Poetry.com. They have informed me that it will
be published in a collection of poems in late 2001. The title of the book will
be Natures Echos. ISBN-1-58235-564-9. Don't seek to buy the book, because
you will gag at their price. I didn't even buy a copy.cs][[I have since learned
that everyone who submits a poem gets their poem published, now it don't seem
as such a big deal.cs]]
Bible studies /
Bible Survey / Special Studies /
General Articles /
Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional /
Correspondence Courses /
What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About