Childrens Answers to Bible Questions
I picked up this list of answers to Bible questions from a friend . They are the answers given by children, ages 5 to 12 or so, to Bible questions. They well illustrate the principle that "a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!" Sad thing is that similar answers are given by adults as well.
1. A deacon is the lowest kind of Christian.
2. In Christianity a man can have only one wife. This is called monotony.
3. The greatest miracle in the Bible was when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.
4. Solomon had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.
5. Who was sorry when the prodigal son returned? The fatted calf.
6. Abraham was the father of Lot and had ten wives. One was called Hismale and the other Hagar. He kept one at home and the other he sent into the desert where she became a pillow of salt in the day and a pillow of fire by night.
7. The Tower of Babel was a place where Solomon kept his wives.
8. Jacob was a patriarch who brought up his twelve sons to be patriarchs, but they did not take to it.
9. Esau was a man who wrote fables and sold his copyright for a mess of potash.
10. The Bible is against bigamy because it says that no man can serve two masters.
11. Gomorrah was Sodom's wife. They were both destroyed with brimstone and treacle, and Lot had to flee with them.
12. Little is known of the prophet Elijah, except for when he went for a cruise with a widow.
13. The synagogues were rich Jews who didn't like to work, and believed in Christ.
14. Three times when animals spoke in the Bible are when the snake spoke to Eve in the garden, and when the donkey spoke to Baalam, and when the whale spoke to Jonah and said, "Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian."
15. Aaron took the earrings from the people and cast them into a fire and out jumped a golden calf - alive!
16. Children were teasing Elisha and he told them that if they kept on doing it he'd tell the bears to eat them up, and they did, and he did, and the bears did.
17. Who said, "See that thou fall not out by the way?" Elisha to Elijah when he went up to heaven in a chariot.
18. Jacob, the son of Isaac, stole his brother's birthmark.
19. The first words of Zacharias on recovering his speech were "I am dumb."
20. Write what you know about the Last Supper: I was away for that. I had the measles.
21. Naaman was healed when Jesus told him to bathe in the river Rhine.
22. Moses died before he reached Canada, but he saw it from a mountain.
Return to the Non-Bible articles index
Home / Bible studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General Articles / Non-Bible Articles / Sermons / Sermon Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence Courses / What is the Church of Christ / Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me /