A Plea To Hypocrites
1. How grave are thy sins that thou doest in the secret place? In the watches
of the night, what evil thoughts beset thee? Thou knowest them well, and thou
alone; for thou art crafty and dost concealeth them from curious eyes.
2. Thou art confident that none shall discover thee, and, therefore, has thy boldness
increased: thou standeth before the congregation and condemneth thy brethren;
thou dost search out their transgressions and expose their wicked works. Thine
anger is great toward those thou despisest.
3. Clever fellow that thou art, that thou concealeth so well thy wickedness: thou
dost wear a robe of righteousness and hast clothed thyself in truth.
4. Those attired in filthy rags huddle themselves together in a boat, but thou
dost languish in a ship of thine own making; for thou hast said in thine heart,
“I shall not sit among fools”.
5. Dost thou need a revelation to tell thee of thy hypocrisy? Dost thou need waiteth
for a word of knowledge to see thy delusion? Nay, thou knowest altogether the
wickedness in thine own heart.
6. Yahweh sitteth upon His throne on high; yet He knoweth all things and seeth
the works of men; and He seeth even thy wicked ways.
7. Yea, those in high places turn away their faces from thee in shame, but unclean
spirits gather about and make sport of thee.
8. Yet thou sayest, “Elohim doth not judge me; indeed, do I not prosper
more than the righteous?” Thou art indeed a fool! For He that judgeth righteously
has from days of old judged thee.
9. Consider now the end of the wicked and the hypocrite; for thou art surely among
them. Dost thou really stand on firm ground or has He set thy feet on slippery
10. Hast thou hardened thine heart that my words seem as foolishness to thee?
Will I speak into the air and see my words fall to the ground? Is thine heart
set to run the course of wickedness?
11. Dost thou not know that Yahweh, even thy Elohim, pleadeth with thee?
12. Call thou, today, unto Him and He will wash thee; cry out to Him and He will
cleanse thee; turn, turn, turn and He will heal thee.
By Becky Rene
Return to the General
Home / Bible
studies / Bible Survey / Special Studies / General
Articles / Non-Bible Articles /
Sermons / Sermon
Outlines / Links / Questions and Answers / What Saith
The Scriptures /Daily Devotional / Correspondence
Courses / What is the Church of Christ /
Book: Christian Growth / Website Policy / E-mail / About Me